Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 23, 2011

New Kitchen Appliance: Breadmaker

Few weeks ago, my hubby told me that maybe we should try to make homemade bread. Lately, almost everyday, our breakfast is bread bread and bread. Of coz, not just plain bread. It will be a rotating ingredients such as ommelette, hard boiled egg, ham, bacon, crabstick, sausages or cheese as the filling of the sandwiches. Before this I always tah-pau nasi lemak, mcD meal and roti canai, in which all these are just too fattening. Beside that, i need to spend extra time to find parking and tau pau from these stall. End up , i'm always way out of clock to reach the office. :S 

My 2 kids loves to eat bread. Sometimes MM will ask 'Mommy! Wo yau men pau'. When MM is eating, the young toddler JJ will want too. JJ nowadays knows how to nod when she wants something. I find that in just 14 months, JJ is quite good in interacting. She can understand us, and we can understand her needs as well. Things is getting easier for us now.. at least. :)





Empress Breadmaker - Cosway


Noxxa Breadmaker Oven - Amway
So, I'm been searching high and low for our preferred home breadmaker. The normal breadmaker is ranging from RM200-RM500. We went to cosway to take a lot at the Empress Breadmaker, which is at RM269 + 5 RP. I almost wanted to buy it coz it suit all our needs, but we changed our mind when the promoter told us that this model will discontinued next year. I wonder what the cosway boss will feel. The promoter is pouring rice out from boss' rice bucket. hehehehe.. :P Then 2 of my colls bought the Noxxa Breadmaker from AMWAY. It is a 3 in 1 appliance (Oven+Toaster+Breadmaker). And it cost about RM1000! Physically it looks like an microwave oven. I'm actually lacking of space to put another big appliance. I guess this option is big no no for me since i already have oven and toaster , and only looking for a breadmaker. 





Elba Breadmaker

Next , we went to an electrical shop nearby our house. We saw this ELBA brand. See once, not bad.. see twice, 'ei, macam tesco breadmaker look'. The price is at RM499, but the boss willing to let go at RM299, without us even asking for negotiation! Skeptical skeptical.. macam tak betul aje..:P So, i tell hubby, go home think thrice first. My objective is simple, i just want to get one durable breadmaker that able to make good breads for my family and at the same time won't eat up my kitchen space.




Kenwood BM450


Have you heard of KENWOOD breadmaker? Heard of Kenwood, sure will concern about the price tag. Price ranging from RM500-RM900. Ya.. luxury brand. It has 2 models in Malaysia BM260 and BM450. BM260 is around RM500+ , but the review about the noise when kneading , pull me back. Check out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ZeU5ePkdM&feature=related
BM450 is at RM900 (price quoted by SenQ), Yes.. RM900, mata also terbeliak liao! Some more need to wait for 1 week for stock arrival. But the look of it is so class! Like a love at first sight! Touch screen lagi.. easy for clean up! Like it so much.. seen the review at youtube, love it even more! Check out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwiLnEgkuD8 . OK! So made up my mind ! It gotta be KENWOOD BM450. But too pricey wor! How how how le? Been google a lot about it, and finally found a appliance site www.cresdo.com that sell only at RM809. Free shipping lagi! Next, check out if this site is a scam or what.. quite a number of ppl bought from this site and some gave very good review. A blogger even hint me to put in discount coupon 'tweentyoff' during checkout to get additional RM20 discount. HOHOHO ... So total is just RM789.. i'm saving RM111 if i buy from this site. OK! Set. Paid and delivered to my doorstep within 5 working days.


Arrived in superb condition. Warranty chopped and attached. Recipes book all ada.. wah! Siok habis. The look of this breadmaker.. adui.. Memang class! Worth every of my penny!!

Made my first Egg-enriched white bread 2 days ago. So damn happy 1st trial, it turned out so yummy delicious. Hehehehe! So many other recipes to try... just can't wait to try more and more.. Will blog about this more soon..  :)

This weekends, will go shop for more bread ingredients.. Yippie!

Btw, Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and family. :)





     






10 comments:

Yannie said...

Good investment. I may expect to hear you baking more breads in future. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lisa said...

Sheoh: ya.. So many blog posts to share to all soon. Merry Christmas n Happy New Year!

Broccoli Ginger said...

Hi first time visiting! :) How's the bread maker? I knead the dough and do everything manually.. :P tried the breadmaker once (china brand) output not so good, that's why I dare not buy any. Show us how's the bread goes?

Anonymous said...

do not buy elba bread maker. my breadmaker broke down first time i used it with a loud bang. second replaced breadmaker also broke down, the maker's kneading blade wont turn. i returned again...now waiting for the third maker. the shop wont refund my mone.

Anonymous said...

dont buy from suria tanjung tokong penang. they gave me a breadmaker with dirty and old box. i told them but they wont change for me. now my breadmaker broke down just one day of use. n second replaced breadmaker also broke down. :( just want to warn others not to follow my foot step.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this post! Been searching high and low for a good breadmaker. Bought a Takada one from Lazada and it broke down the first time I used it. The second replacement one broke down too. Soo disappointed and dare not buy from Lazada anymore. Cost me more so much to send back and have not even seen any single refund.

Kathy said...

Hello, just came across this blog while searching for breadmaker reviews. I'm looking around for a breadmaker too. Narrow down to Kenwood or Breville. Since you have been using the Kenwood for a while now, how is it? Thanks.

CouponBelanja said...

At Lazada you can save buying breadmakers this Christmas

Top 5 Best Roti Makers In 2019 said...

Your article is very helpful for me. I will follow your instruction. Thank you.

Central Coast Woodworks 8″ Hardwood Tortilla Press said...

hilarious. you have a great page.